November 1, 2009

Comedic capers

Yesterday Fliss and I went to the football (Arsenal v. Tottenham - mortal enemies. It was a charged match but we won 3-0! Ha!) Then I went to meet my friend Sara (with whom I work at iceandfire) to see more comedy in Forest Hill. Really liked the MC, a guy called Chris Mayo, and absolutely LOVED this guy, Tom Allen. If he comes to the Melbourne Comedy fest next year you should definitely check him out. Charming, confident and with the ability that really good comics have of being able to look behind an incident, which on the surface might be rather nasty, to bring out the absurdity - not only making it funny but also thereby undermining the nastiness. He was great.

Today I have cleaned my room, which is enough achievement for one day. Later, dinner at Christine's. A busy week this week - on Tues I have 5 meetings, thankfully I've managed to make them all in Central/East London! One is a meeting with a signer/songwriter, Aisling Stephenson, who I might make a music video for. I really like the track, it's called You Took the Sun Away.

Laters.

No comments: