December 12, 2009

Sleepy Saturday

Yesterday I finally got around to following up with people about the pitching competition win from last week. No response from anyone yet (it's so rare for anyone to reply to emails over here in my experience - although maybe that's just me!) but will chase them all in the New Year. Chasing people is exhausting, probably the most frustrating part of my move to the UK. Having said that, perhaps it's just because I know less people over here, so there's more cold emailing/calling.

Did have a good meeting yesterday with Chris Mayo, a stand-up comedian. We have already come up with an early idea for a narrative comedy series, so we'll do some more work over the coming months. I then went to see him do a small gig in Islington and I got a glimpse into the less glamourous work of stand ups - it was a small but strangely hostile crowd. Chris did OK, considering the atmosphere in the room, as did another guy called Daniel, but the MC and another guy completely bombed.

Now, on a Sat night, I'm sat at home watching telly, eating roast veges with cous cous and tzatziki. An excellent night. Felicity is out on a date. Will tell you more later...!

No comments: