March 30, 2010

Attack of the four-legged fiend

ONE WEEK ONE WEEK ONE WEEK... (til Ben comes, for those who hadn't figured it out).

Working from home today but not feeling all that productive or into it. Been feeling a bit flat ever since I woke up this morning. Think maybe it's because I had a dream I was being attacked by an evil horse. Don't laugh.

Did this workshop over the weekend although to be honest I was a little bit disappointed - it just wasn't what I was expecting. I thought there would be 10-12 people and we could discuss our own projects with the group, instead it was 40 people (!) and some of the discussion was quite academic - as in it reminded me a lot of Cinema Studies at uni. I already have a degree in Cinema Studies and don't feel the need to brush up on those skills! I think I did get something out of the course, but not what I was really expecting/hoping for. There were some interesting people there. We'll see. Sometimes you don't know what you're going to get out of something until later.

iceandfire's a bit weird at the moment - there are some very deep divides and differences between our 2 artistic directors about how to approach the development of new work at the future direction of the company. Not sure what's going to happen but I was stuck in the middle of both of them during a meeting yesterday and it was quite awkward! Especially because I can genuinely see both sides of the argument. They just each have different approaches to life. Lucky they have such a diplomat on staff to keep things calm and civil! He he.

That's it really. My housemate went on holiday today, his stuff is still here but he's only going to stay one night when he gets back and then he's moving on. He's been fine but I'm looking forward to having the place to myself for a week and then... Hoorah! You know the rest.

No comments: