March 24, 2010

Spring has sprung

Spring seems to make a much bigger impact here than in Aus. I think it's the combination of the longer, harder winters, but also the bulbs that spring up seem to bloom and come to life really suddenly. As soon as the weather gets warmer the flowers suddenly come up, as does everyone's mood!

Will finally be able to start editing the children in detention film tomorrow. It's been a bit of a pain - I explained about the software issue in my previous blog. Ben sent over Final Cut Pro. It was supposed to be here on Monday but customs whacked a £126 charge on it!! So they wouldn't deliver it until that was paid. It finally arrived today and, despite a couple of close calls/scary hitches, it seems to be fine. I've imported and logged all the files so can begin tomorrow in earnest. The prison film isn't finished either! The last offline edit day is next week, the online days in mid-April. I am getting paid a bit extra to make up for the fact that the film just WILL NOT END! So that's good. It's like any job though, when you start getting frustrated by it, you start to wonder if the money is really worth the pain!

Otherwise, not doing much. Busy during the day but have had very quiet evenings all this week. Just waiting for Ben to get here - 12 1/2 days! Hoorah! The countdown has well and truly begun.

Doing a screenwriting course this weekend. I've got a particular script I need help with so hopefully it's useful. I'll make you all read it when I'm happier with it...! He he.

x

No comments: