January 1, 2009

S&M Drama

I should point out that S&M is a chain of restaurants, not what you might be thinking. Gourmet sausage and mash (really yummy! Good vege sausages!)

Went there on NYE for brunch with sis (to hear gossip about her boy that she has been on a few dates with - it seems to be going well! Oooooo!) and I somehow managed to get some of my mushroom omlette stuck in my throat. Tried to wash it down with Ben's OJ but it just seemed to swell up more. I jumped up to get some water, but sipping the water made it worse - I don't think the OJ or the water could get past the omlette so it all started to back up and I basically had to run through the restaurant towards the bathroom choking and starting to spew up a delicious egg/OJ combination. Thankfully I got past most of the customers before it happened and made it to the toilet before most of the damage was done.

The waitress asked my sister if I was OK and she said "I think Charlotte is choking on something", at which the manager's ears pricked up and he started to stress out that I would sue them! Not sure I can really claim compensation for choking on an omlette. Who does that?? Omlettes are soft!

Anyway, terribly embarrassing. I've got to learn to eat more slowly.

Then working at the Barbican from 1:30pm - 9:30pm, which was fine. No real dramas. Ben came and we went to the Thames to watch the fireworks. We stood out on a bridge in the freezing cold (coldest NYE in London for 12 years!) but we couldn't even see the damn fireworks because the Tate Modern was in the way! Bloody art. Always interfering. Using my tax dollars...!

So that was my eventful NYE. Now on to 2009, which I'm a little apprehensive about. Especially because I won't see Ben for the majority of it! If we can get through this year though things will be great.

See all youse Melbourne people in March.

xxx

No comments: