January 22, 2009

Not such a big town

Had 2 bizarre experiences in the past week which make London feel like a small country town!

Last week we went to see 12th Night with Derek Jacobi (I know - DAHLING! So posh) and were sitting literally 2 seats away from Pete & Thea!! This show runs for about 6 weeks, with 6 performances a week, in a 2,500 seat venue... and we were at the same show sitting basically next to each other. What are the chances? (I'll let you figure that out coz I'm no good at Maths!) But great because I'd been meaning to call them and so we had a beer afterwards.

Then last night I was working at the Barbican selling sweets etc in the foyer for a concert of American folk/roots music and I recognised 2 people over at the ticket desk... Ollie Browne and his Danish girlfriend Metta! Ollie was playing in the show (with CW Stoneking) but was running late and sadly only here for one night so I didn't really get to talk to them. He really was running late too, I saw him on stage about 10 minutes after we'd been speaking!

Such a small world.

In other news, I have my first paid filmmaking job, which I got through iceandfire! The co-artistic director of iaf was asked to make a film with kids with substance abuse problems in Cornwall, but Sara's never made a film before so I'm going to do the filming and she'll run a workshop. So a week in Cornwall in Feb plus some good extra cash. Quite a coup.

PS: I know I usually write initials for people so as not to identify them too much but that wouldn't work for these stories! So I guess that technique is pointless now!

No comments: