January 6, 2009

London on Ice

This is a new level of cold for me. I've never experienced anything like it. Apparently temperatures are 10C below what they usually are at this time of year. Yikes. It's face-hurting, ear-burning, lip-numbing, foot-stamping cold! The Bacon reckons it will be -10 in Feb, I'm hoping she's wrong! She has no meteorological expertise as far as I'm aware.

We're going to Sicily on Fri - hooray! Working 2 jobs over Xmas/NY I'm quite ready for my holiday now. Although there is so much that Ben wants to see in Sicily - I hope we get to sleep in some days! I just want a little bit of sunshine and some nice food. You can get good food in London, but you have to pay for it and it's harder to find than in Melbourne. Think I've always taken it for granted. My REAL beef with London food (as it were! Although of course I don't eat beef!) is that the tomatoes are tasteless! I eat tomatoes with almost every meal but over here they're just not as good. I have discovered how to cook curry with paneer though and that's yummy.

We are also hiring a car to visit my aunty in Yorkshire. She is house-sitting somewhere in the moors, a town called Settrington.

Then we're up to Dundee (Scotland) to see Ben's cousin... which I'm assuming will allow me the pleasure of discovering a whole new level of cold!!

No comments: