May 20, 2009

The week that was

I've still been a bit crap with the blog. Oh well, a week's delay is better than 3 months!

The Barbican screwed me around a lot last week. First of all the woman who looks after the rosters refused to tell me when my shifts were, beyond my first one ("check your rota in your pigeonhole" is all she would say!) Turned out I had 3 shifts. Then I got a letter saying I was about to be fired for not turning up to shifts... which was untrue! It was quite a harsh letter as well. I found it a bit upsetting, even though my manager had no trouble believing that it was their error and not mine. I'm a good employee and feel a bit hard done by!

Saturday night it was my housemate's birthday (technically it was her birthday all day, but she had a party in the evening!) Our flat was filled with hip young French people smoking, it stank for a few says afterwards! It was fun though. I stayed up until 2am! Shock!

Lots of iceandfire work as usual. We sent out a press release on Monday, Al Jazeera are coming to film our performance on Sunday night! I had a meeting today with the producer of the prison film, who said I am now their drama director of choice! However they don't have any drama commissions at the moment. Poo. Also got a meeting on Friday with an organisation called Filmaid who I'm trying to organise a project with, in collaboration with iceandfire. If I can get more work through Inside Job Productions or Filmaid then I can quit the Barbican - hoorah!

1 comment:

Phoebe said...

Chin up Charlotte, I'll cross all my digits for ya to get more directing work so you can quit that place, how dare they stuff you around so much!! What a pain. I have just returned from the Nova, where I saw Chelsea's gorgeous face on screen momentarily, as "Bubble Head's Rescuer" in 'My Year Without Sex'. (Bubble Head is a dog). I so often wish you were here to have a beer/coffee/chat with!! How selfish of me. xx