February 13, 2010

Charity chick

It's official. I am now the charity video girl of London. I'm booked up until mid-April doing freelance jobs for charities. Sweet.

Have also had some good meetings recently, especially with this awesome woman at LaPlante Productions, Sara Johnson. We got along really well - we just clicked. She was funny, smart and personable and was really encouraging and helpful. I left the meeting feeling buoyant - she gave me a lot of confidence and I felt like her offers to help in the future were genuine. Through her I've also managed to secure a meeting at Clerkenwell Films, who last year made a terrific teen comedy/drama series on Channel 4 called Misfits, about a group of young offenders who get caught in an electrical storm and all get superpowers. If you can track it down, I highly recommend watching it, it's very funny and really well made - not only a fantastic cast but the series has a great look, really desaturated with occasional highlights, such as the "offender" orange jumpsuits.

So all good things.

AND... the BIG news... BEN GOT HIS VISA! Hooray! I had to send my original British passport to Canberra a few weeks ago, which was nerve-wracking, because I hadn't had my copy certified correctly. But it obviously got there, and they've returned it to Ben, along with his visa in his passport. So he'll be booking his ticket in the next few days and then coming to live with me hurrah!

So that's it. I realise I'm being a bit crap on my blog - perhaps I should give up and join facebook? Please post any pros/cons you think of here and I'll decide based on that...!

Con #1: I said at the start of this blog that I refuse to join facebook...

4 comments:

Charlotte said...

So far, 2 nays on the facebook. From Mike P and Izzy. Other/contradictory comments welcome!

Anonymous said...

Facebook you can post more photo's and not just 3 at a time down the side of your blog!! But I do like the anticipation everytime I click on your blog's link in my bookmarks whether there'll be a new post or not!! Chelsea xx

Anonymous said...

If you were on Facebook Mummy could stalk you much more effectively. xxx

Charlotte said...

I will accept Chelsea's comment. A good point. Thus the tally is 2 nays to 1 yay. The other "anonymous" comment, however, sounds suspiciously like there's an agenda behind it...