February 28, 2010

I can never think of good titles

My parents are copying me. This is typical behaviour, when I said I wanted to move to Melbourne they followed. Now Mum is launching her Alzheimers show 2 weeks after iceandfire's Getting On, and Dad is making a film in a prison hospital! I thought I had that market cornered, now apprently it's a franchise.

Dad is also producing a documentary and photo exhibition of these amazing photos our friend Angelo took in Sudan. If you can make it out west to Werribee (March 25 - April 3), I strongly recommend you go and see them. Angelo has also signed some limited edition prints for sale, money raised goes to building a new classroom in his home village (I think?). You can watch this video for more information and to see some of the images.

Had auditions all day Fri and half Thurs for the shoot this week for the Children's Society OutCry campaign. There were some good auditions, although not many of the girls looked 14, so there is one clear winner for me. I'm quite excited about calling her agent on Mon and giving her the job. I think the shoot is going to be fun actually. Small crew, plenty of time to get it done. I've booked a studio for a full day even though I don't think it will take all day. We're using a projector to show slides over the girl's face and onto the back wall, they have to match her story, so it's going to take some practice. And things often go wrong with technology like that!

Then prison film shoot next week. I'm really looking forward to that project being finished! It's been going on and on for ages! Since September! It'll be a good feeling to hand it in.

C'est tout. Hope you're all well. Look forward to hearing about what's going on with you! x

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Excuse me, I believe my 'Alzheimer's the Musical - A night to remember!' predates your ice and fire show by a good 3 years! But we should be supportive of each other's efforts & I believe there's room for both shows given that they're 12,000 miles apart!

Charlotte said...

Stop leaving "anonymous" comments on my blog MOTHER