February 24, 2010

More blog practice

Even though I'm a tad shite at writing this blog, I'm a blogger in demand! So you can read other articles I've written for iceandfire, and for Inside Job Productions.

The prison film got delayed, which of course threatens the other 2 projects I had lined up straight after it! For the first time in my life I have 3 jobs secured in a row and the first one gets pushed back. Grrr. So I've rushed the Children's Society campaign forward, shooting next week. Got auditions this week, for actors who can play a 14-year-old African girl. I didn't know any, so cast my net wide, and now I have 20 girls auditioning! So i feel confident we'll find someone great from that group.

And Ben is coming here on 6th April! He arrives at 5:40 am (!!) so I won't be able to meet him at the airport (not because I'm a rubbish girlfriend, but because the tubes won't even be working!) I will instead be waiting for him in our cosy East London flat. Perhaps I'll bake some bread and put on a pot of coffee. Real homely like...

Probably not. Hopefully the daffodils I just planted will be out by then though!

iceandfire launch a new script in a few weeks, about older people and human rights, Getting On. Perhaps we should do a double bill with Mum's Melbourne Comedy Festival show, Alzheimers The Musical: A night to remember! Two rather different takes on issues of ageing!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahh Charlotte, keep it up. Facebook is easier to remember to check (for me that is) but at least with your blog you get undivided attention!
Great to see you when you were here. I'm so happy to hear that Ben is all set to go, my only concern is that this means you'll never come back.
Bugger about the prison film, but great that you're in demand :) xxx

liz said...

oops - I'm not anon, it's Liz here, I'm not sure why that happened.

Charlotte said...

I'll come back to see you Liz!