September 3, 2008

Off tomorrow

I fly out tomorrow at midnight. Today has been a mixed day emotionally. Became very stressed when I thought I'd lost the earrings P&A gave me (I hadn't. I'd just put them in a special place. So special that it was camouflaged!) For some reason David Bowie is getting me through. Been playing Best of Bowie and the Labyrinth while I pack and find him most comforting.

Making dinner tonight for P, A & Ph. Sounds crazy, making dinner for people when I move overseas the next day, but it should be a good way to distract myself from packing. And from writing my thesis, which I still have to work on before I fly out tomorrow! These will be sad goodbyes; although I know it's not forever I don't know when I'll be seeing them again. And they are three of my greatest friends. At least I get a honeymoon with Ben before we part company!

Vegetarian pad thai. I'm getting hungry.

L's scales don't seem to be working. So I can't weigh my suitcase. I suspect it's over the 20kg limit. Think I might just have to cop it on the chin and pay for excess luggage.

How weird is John McCain's campaign turning out?? They're making some odd decisions and seem unprepared for the (rather predictable) consequences.

Anyway. I'm off to soak the rice noodles. Maybe I'll post some recipes on my blog in future? Got some good ones. And since I won't be in Melbourne to cook them I suppose there's no harm in passing on my culinary secrets...

xx

No comments: