June 21, 2009

I can't believe it's almost July...!

Last night I had a bizarre cinematic experience working at the Barbican. In the afternoon I saw "Persona", a 1960s Ingmar Bergman film about a relationship between two women, a nurse and her actress patient, that becomes a bit crazy and they start to get confused about who is who. Then, in the evening, I watched "The Hangover". Nuff said! (American Pie 15 years later...!)

Got our Asylum Dialogues show in London tonight, I think I have about 10 friends coming so I'm really looking forward to it. And Fliss and I will have dinner in the evening.

Oh, and I just realised I haven't mentioned the big news. Ben and I might be getting our own place! When he comes over in July he was going to come for 3 weeks but now it will be more like 2 months and so we're going to get a flat together. A 2-bed, that way when Ben goes back to Aus for work (he has 2 TV jobs later this year) then I can rent the second room out - hopefully to a friend or to Fliss, someone who will understand the situation and be easy to live with. Next year Ben will either make the move over here or will be coming and going, depending on Sucker (I'm so sick of that movie - I used to love it now it's the bane of my life!)

Last week I looked at a few flats. The good news is that it's a buyers market over here at the moment, which means that there are a lot of decent places around in my price range. The bad news is that it's a buyers market over here... so it's hard to find someone who can take my room! I don't want to put an offer on a flat until I know that someone will take my room, I don't want to pay double rent for an indefinite period of time!

So that's exciting, although looking for flats is time consuming. And with Refugee Week last week I was busy at work, so it made for a hectic week! My meeting with the agent got postponed, it's now on Wednesday. So I'm sorry if you wasted good vibes on me last week! Try to send them again on Wed if you can (although I think it will be 1am for anyone in Aus, so they'll have to be dream vibes!)

26C here on Thursday. Londoners will go crazy!

No comments: