June 30, 2009

Sickness city

Last week was horrid - I came down with a fever Tues night, somehow managed to get through most of Wed/Thurs, but then Thurs night the headache that had been slightly frustrating me became like a sledgehammer, my body was burning with fever and I came out in a rash. My Mum was demanding over the phone that I go to hospital, but instead I called a nurses hotline they have here and a nice nurse told me how to check that the rash wasn't serious (ie: not meningitis - what you do is push down on the skin and if the red rash turns white under the pressure then it's viral, if it stays red then it's bad!) and to take more painkillers and go to the dr in the morning. I started to feel a bit better again on Fri before - SURPRISE! A new symptom. Vomiting. All Sat and Sun.

It's been beautiful weather here but I haven't had a chance to see it until today!

Possibly the worst virus I've ever had, and a rather lonely experience too - being sick all on my own! My housemates were busy with their lives and weekends and Fliss was away from Thurs - Mon (how convenient!)

AND I had to cancel my meeting with the agent again! I think pigs will fly when we finally meet.

Anyway, feeling better now and starting to pack up my room to move into the new flat on Fri, the same day Ben arrives.

Have added some new Amsterdam pics.

xx

No comments: