June 3, 2009

Results of weekend musings!

Had the meeting with distributor. I didn't really push him on any of my projects in the end, it seemed a bit inappropriate seeing as I was there on the pretense of asking him for advice. His advice was to
  1. get an agent (he has given me someone to chase up and drop his name. I've emailed them, will have to call them this arvo methinks. He has offered to call them himself if they won't meet with me)
  2. make a bigger budget short film, to show I can deal with big budget projects and/or look at making advertisements (easier said than done!)
  3. keep writing
Don't know if Al Jazeera aired our piece about Rendition Monologues. However, Christine was interviewed by George Galloway MP (an eccentric and larger-than-life character in British politics! He is my MP, but I'm not sure if I can vote for him. The opening credits of his TV show are hilarious, him smoking a cigar out front of Westminster, even the fact that he HAS his own TV show! He is clearly an ego maniac - he was on Celebrity Big Brother - but he has some good causes)

Also, Third Sector magazine are going to put the rendition viral video on their homepage as their "digital campaign of the week" on Fri. They interviewed moi, so I'll put the link here when it comes up.

Half the cabinet are quitting today. Gordon Brown is screwed. Hopefully the Labour party here have a quick and painless removal and get someone fresh and new in the PMs chair (I'm going for Harriet Harman, Deputy Leader and one of the few Cabinet Ministers not tainted by recent expenses scandals. In fact she's one of the only MPs here that I like.) They are almost certainly going to lose the next election, but they can try to reduce the damage by making changes now.

No comments: