October 16, 2008

One down, one thousand to go...

I've just had my first official rejection from an agent.

At least they got back to me! And as far as rejections go it was very nice.

I think this is going to be the start of a long and frustrating process.

I can't move to Bethnal Green for a while so I've been house-hopping. Today I leave the bourgeoise comforts of Kensington for the exciting adventures of Kentish Town! People have been very nice offering me a place to stay.

And seeing as Actors for Human Rights has not received the funding for my position yet, it's a good thing really that I don't have to pay any rent! I'm working on a sort of barter system, offering my cooking skills (and witty repartee) in exchange for shelter! I have a job interview for a Christmas retail position on Tues, which would hopefully work alongside the AFHR job but I can work more hours in the retail job if AFHR's funding isn't confirmed by next month. Rates of pay for casual jobs are crap here though. Worse than in Australia, although the full-time and part-time jobs seem to pay better. So fingers crossed for AFHR!

Moving to a new country is pretty annoying. I need proof of address to get a NIN (like a TFN), I need a NIN to get a job, I need a job to get a place to live...! Getting dizzy anyone?

I'm sure once I get a few things going and settle into my own place things will start to look up.

Here's hoping something comes along soon!

xx

No comments: