October 24, 2008

Return to Sender

I will never trust the postal service in this country again. A box that Ben sent me in September has been returned to sender after a complicated and frustrating process.

Customer service in London is not the greatest in the world, I must say. I have called the parcel company four times in the past 3 weeks and twice the person on the other end was really rude to me (on one occasion he even made me cry!) What's more, I had played by their rules and done everything right, despite the fact that they don't tell you what any of the rules are! For example, they only keep a package for 20 days (including weekends) but that isn't mentioned on their delivery slip, so how the hell are you supposed to know that? Regardless, I happened to contact them (via the web) on the 19th day to get the package redelivered but it never arrived at the post office. The guy who made me cry said the parcel was too heavy, but there was nothing about weight limits online and no-one called me to tell me it would be a problem. Mo fos.

Hopefully Ben has the receipt so we can make an official complaint.

Grrrr.

FG and I also got some grumpy service at a bakery the other day. These two Polish women glared as soon as we walked in and didn't crack a smile for the next 5 minutes. I suppose it's fair enough that they're grumpy, the Polish are pretty vilified over here at the moment! And, to be fair to the Motherland, later that day we got some excellent, smiley service at a vege restaurant in Muswell Hill (which included a free smoothie!) so we're going back there tonight!

In other news... had a job interview at a large chain of stationary shops. Shit money and they wanted people to work basically full-time over Xmas. When they called me the next day I didn't answer my phone! Sent them an email politely declining the job. Just think it would be too depressing. Got a job interview in a few weeks for a theatre/cinema complex, which would be much better, and CB should find out about funding for my job in the next fortnight.

So things will get better. I know that. In the meantime I need to give myself reasons to get out of bed in the mornings. Especially when it's someone else's bed!

xxx

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Charlotte! You're waking up in someone else's bed already??? In normal circumstances I'd be quite happy to not have a reason to get out of that bed... but I'd be jumping out quick smart if I were you!! Unless it's just too damn cold already and you simply need the body warmth. he he he. It just sounded funny :)