February 2, 2009

It's snow amazing

The streets are covered in snow. The trees are white, cars are buried under a foot of powder - it looks like icing sugar! Walking to the shop to buy the newspaper (I'll tell you why in a minute) I was struck by how childlike I felt. You have to concentrate on putting one foot in front of the other, the ground is unsteady and slippery in places, I was sure I was going to fall on my arse at any moment. And the snow is still falling; tiny, floating droplets of icecream. Quite incredible.

It's not so nice on the main street, where the snow has been walked on so much already it has become brown slush! Less picturesque.

I'll upload some photos as soon as I can find a USB cable to connect the camera to the computer! I was outside last night as it snowed, taking photos of myself. The only other people on the street were other Australians making snowballs!

And the other news for today is my coup for iceandfire, this article in The Times about our show on Friday night starring Simon Callow. I was very excited that I managed to set this up and the article is great. We're also in Big Issue I believe, but I don't know how many street vendors will be outside today so I haven't seen it yet!

No comments: