February 18, 2009

Keeping moving

Busy-ness all around. I'm now editing the footage we filmed in Cornwall last week and it's a tough job - 4.5 hours to reduce to 5-10 mins! I've only really edited drama, where there's a script to help you make decisions, but we have interviews, observational footage, sketches, vox pops and more! Trying to turn it into something coherent that flows smoothly and is engaging is quite challenging. Although it will be rewarding if I can get it right.

I've also been asked to make another film before my trip to Aus... filming in a prison! Not sure which one, and I haven't seen the script yet, but a production company I met with last year has asked me if I'd be interested in shooting a film based on a script a prisoner has written, set in the cells. Will definitely be an interesting project. Although I haven't heard from the producer since she first called me (almost a week ago) so hopefully it's still happening.

Keeping busy is ensuring I don't have time to mope or dwell on missing Ben (and other friends/family). Thankfully Ben is busy too - he won the Australian Writers Guild unproduced screenplay award (which involves a trip to Adelaide - ha ha!) Although he has been DUMPED from the Tom Budge Good Time Band! I suggest a boycott of their gigs by all Melbourne music lovers. Bring back "hot strings"! There's no loyalty these days (his fellow band mates haven't said anything! Not even a "sorry you got kicked out of the band for not being trendy enough!" Ben would quit if any of them had got unceremoniously dumped. Makes me mad)

No comments: