October 20, 2009

Finally!

The prison film has finally been given the absolutely, iron-clad, definite go-ahead. Hoorah! (and phew - I was starting to get just a TAD nervous about it). I quit the Barbican because I knew the project was funded, so I assumed it was green lit, but then we had to get permission from the Ministry of Justice and it took about 3 weeks. But I got the call today and it's all go.

For the last 3 weeks I've just been waiting, not just for the prison film but am waiting for actors to respond on 2 feature film projects and also waiting to hear about a job application. At least now I can get into a project properly rather than just waiting!

Got my British drivers license in the post yesterday. Somehow that feels even more official and important than the passport!

Anyway. I'm off to drink some cider to celebrate the fact that I do actually have the job that I thought I had but then wasn't so sure!

No comments: