October 21, 2009

Jesse

My lovely aunt Jesse Sherlock died last week, of cancer. Cancer is such a horrible, insidious way to die, but Jesse lived exactly the way she wanted to and was incredibly outgoing. I loved and admired her.

On the off chance that anyone reading this knew Jesse, you can donate to a fund, to preserve a part of British woodland in her name. This is the link.

Last time I saw Jesse was in January and she treated us to a wonderful evening at a pub in Scagglethorpe (the BEST name for a town EVER! Like something out of The Lord of the Rings!)

And Fliss and I are thinking of you Mum, and of Cissy and everyone else who loved her.

3 comments:

Tom said...

Oh that's sad.

It's been such a horrible year for such events. I say let's ditch 2009 and start again in 2010.

Hope the family is holding up ok.

xo

Phoebe said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your Aunt, Charlotte. All my love to you, Maureen and all your family xx

Charlotte said...

Thanks lovely people for your kind remarks! Look forward to seeing you soon. x